Forward the Foundation
The PATA Foundation was set up to pursue new sources of funding and to develop working relationships with stakeholders and grantees. The Foundation’s long list of successful projects testifies to its ability to produce results.
The PATA Foundation’s Objectives
- To contribute to the conservation of the environment and cultural heritage of Asia Pacific, and to encourage travel and tourism industry stakeholders to reinvest in Asia Pacific destinations
- To help people in Asia Pacific countries acquire the tools they need to become better stewards of their environment and cultural heritage, and to foster economic solutions to conservation problems
- To give PATA and the travel and tourism industry a stronger voice in the international debate on environmental and cultural heritage conservation
- To support educational initiatives that target travel and tourism stakeholders, including residents of destination communities, visitors and industry employees, to make all parties aware of their impact on cultural heritage and the environment.
What Kind of Projects Receive Foundation Grants?
Projects that are considered deserving of a PATA Foundation grant are those that seek to protect, conserve and/or educate. They usually have one or more of the following objectives:
- Protect the natural environment, including wildlife
- Conserve cultural heritage, including arts and crafts, heritage sites and historic buildings
- Educate people on the importance of environmental and cultural heritage.
Any project seeking the Foundation’s help must also have:
- A potential positive impact on tourism
- Contribute to the betterment of lives and provide job creation in tourism for local communities.
- The support of their respective local PATA chapter and PATA divisional office
- Financial support from the local PATA chapter or other sources.
Application for 2017 grants will be opened in June. The submission deadline is August 10, 2016. E-mail: foundation@PATA.org.
Grant Guidelines and application form will be available in June.
28 years of good from the PATA Foundation
A successful travel industry isn’t just about moving people and making money. The mission of the PATA Foundation is to contribute to the responsible growth and sustainable development of travel and tourism in Asia Pacific through the protection of the environment, the conservation of heritage and support for education and sustainable tourism.”
Mario Hardy – Chairman PATA Foundation Board of Trustees (2013).