This is the second project of Youth Career Initiative awarded by PATA Foundation.
The Youth Career Initiative (YCI) is a six-month vocational training programme, which is proven to address the root causes of poverty by empowering disadvantaged young people with knowledge and employability skills to transform thier lives.
The Youth Career Initiative overall objective is to improve the economic opportunities for at least 45 young people in New Delhi, India. In order to fulfil this objective the group aims to:
- Provide vocational and skills training delivered by International hotel sector; by giving communities training, mentoring and vocational learning to increase their relevant employability skills and to help them prepare for the job market.
- Create capacity to train at least 50 young people each year to ensure long-term sustainability.
- Positively impact a further 180 people through the cascade effect.
- Build partnership between private sector, government and local civil society organisation to provide support to local community development in holistic approach. Moreover, to develop and achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
- Establish a proven model for local inclusive growth and develop capacity in local partners to ensure sustainability and expansion to other locations.